Sunday, April 02, 2006

woah there

so yesterday was the kind of day that you get the patients and calls that reaffirms your desire to stick it in in EMS and medicine in general. Without bogging this blogging down with details, I participated as low man on the totem pole in a level 1 trauma while at work, lead a COPDer call in respiratory failure, and actually got a save on a code (pulse to the hospital, got him to the cath lab, but he passed away last night).

which brings me to my short topic of the day, i slowly see myself descending into tool dom. i am going to be focused on grades and obsessed with getting A in both my upcoming post bacc program and whenever i end up in med school.

now the saving factor is that it will all be relative. i think. i hope. then again a good friend of mine from high school, who was as un-asian as you can be. a huge slacker and yet when he headed off to a guaranteed med program, he has become asian. like i think even his eyes got squintier. (low blow, ouch)

so is there hope for me? how can i save myself from becoming a pre med tool and still do well?

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jack said...

what's wrong with becoming a premed tool in order to do well? If I go back to school for anything, I will likely become a tool in order to do well. I learned my lesson about what happens to me when I don't tool it up in school at Princeton. In the end you want to be successful and accomplish your goals, if being a toal is what that takes than God speed.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger resqagent said...

well i guess the distinction i'm trying to draw is doing well and being that guy in the class who only cares about grades. like i dont want to become #3 on the above list of people i dont like.

but yeah - i agree, its amazing how much drive we can both have to do well. i think we learned the most from our time at princeton. and that was what we want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home